Montana Downs at Great Falls Horse Racing Track
Montana Downs at Great Falls is located at Montana Expo Park, with their racing season taking place during the Montana State Fair in July and August. Visitors to Montana Downs at Great Falls can look forward to several days of fantastic Thoroughbred, Paint and Quarter horse racing, along with abundant entertainment that accompanies the State Fair.
Montana Downs at Great Falls offers free parking, as well as a variety of admission price options including General Admissions, Lower Grandstand, Upper Grandstand, Season Rates and Daily Rates. Race programs can be purchased at the gift shop or online. Wagering on races at Montana Downs is straightforward, with mutuel windows situated all around the facility. The mutual windows open half an hour before the first race's post time. The minimum bet is $2.00 and is only open to individuals 18 years or older. Wagers may be placed for any race as early as you wish, but closes as the starting gate opens. At Montana Downs spectators wager against each other and 80% of the money is returned to bettors. The remaining 20% is shared amongst Montana Downs, the state of Montana and the Horsemen. Types of wagers that can be made at Montana Downs are: Win, Place, Show, Across the Board, Quinella, Exacta, Trifecta, Superfecta, Daily Double, Pick 3, Twin Trifecta and Pick 6.
There are numerous options for concessions at Montana Expo Park. Visitors can enjoy a variety of local, traditional fair food, as well as regular take-aways, such as pizza. Also worth mentioning is that Montana Downs at Great Falls is part of the Rocky Mountain Rewards Network. Members of this network enjoy the benefits of receiving promotional offers and earning points for prizes.
Also located in Great Falls is Montana OTB, which is associated with Montana Downs. The Montana OTB in Great Falls is located at Halftime Sports Bar, 1101 Northwest Bypass. The simulcast facility is open every day of the year between 8 a.m. and 2 a.m.